The Accident Damage Waiver
The Accident Damage Waiver (ADW) is a unique product which replaces our security deposit. We’ve been operating the security deposit for the last 15 years and have found that it causes more harm than good. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Group leaders spend too much time collecting payments from their group towards the security deposit.
- Large deposits are often an unwelcome, hefty, extra expense for guests who would rather have the cash to spend on holiday.
- When there is a problem and we have to deduct money, this can cause disagreements and bad feelings.
- We want everyone to return home happy, sometimes a deduction from the security deposit can spoil your holiday. This is the last thing we want.
- Management of the security deposit is huge. Collection, administration and refunding the deposit takes a long time.
We have decided to lose all these problems and introduce an Accidental Damage Waiver (ADW) – an affordable way to cover your group. Now every group returns home happy! ADW is simple, cheap, easy to manage and everyone loves it.
The traditional, large security deposit payment has been replaced with a low-cost Accidental Damage Waiver. This is added to the cost of your villa rental and paid with your balance.
For a non-refundable charge of just £11.95 (or the euro equivalent per person payable with your balance), you’ll be covered for any accidental damages that occur during your stay in the villa. A simple & affordable solution for complete peace of mind.
The ADW charge will cover you for any non-intentional breakages or damage to the villa or its contents, up to the value of £1500 per villa (or the equivalent in euros per group). Any accidental damage or breakages must be reported while clients are in occupancy of the villa.
The ADW is great value, simple and everyone’s happy.
IMPORTANT: The ADW will not cover clients for willful, deliberate or malicious damages to the villa or its contents. Nor for damages or breakages that are not reported during the clients’ occupancy of the villa. It does not cover damage to the pool, or to the cost of draining and refilling the pool due to broken glass or other items being found in the pool.
The ADW does not cover fines from the police or other island authorities incurred for any type of anti-social behaviour, illegal activity or complaints arising from noise or disturbance.
The ADW does not cover extra cleaning or rubbish removal costs if the villa is deliberately left in an excessively dirty state.
Any charges the company needs to make due to any of the above circumstances not covered by the ADW will be invoiced to the Lead Client after departure.
The Security Deposit
Some customers will want to pay a refundable security deposit. This is still possible and we can organise this upon request.
The security deposit must be paid 7 days before arrival and will be refunded 10 working days following the client’s departure. Below are some examples why damages will be deducted from the security deposit:
- Damage to the villa
- Breakages of items such as furniture, electrical goods, kitchen equipment
- Misuse of the villa. For instance, too many people staying in the villa, noise pollution or throwing illegal parties
- Leaving the villa in a very dirty condition. We expect the villa to be left in the condition you find it. If the villa has lots of washing up, large amounts of rubbish, inside or in the garden, money will be deducted. The simple rule of thumb is if the standard clean is not sufficient to clean the villa to the standards we expect, we will charge for extra cleaning.
- Lots of rubbish left in the villa. We will remove the rubbish but we will charge for this service. Normally around 30 euros per rubbish bag.
- If the group owe money for any services we have provided during their rental, and have not paid prior to their departure, we will deduct this from the security deposit.
- Having to replace the water in the pool due to glass in the pool
- Local fines due to noise or bad behaviour. Please note. If the police do visit the villa due to a noise complaint we will have to withhold the deposit for at least a year. Fines are very slow to process in Ibiza.